Location : United States (Remote)
Position: Linux Administrator
Full-Time or Part Time
Hostcopper is seeking talented and motivated individuals looking to pursue a career in Linux system administration at one of the world's leading web hosting companies.
1. Monitoring servers for stability and taking both proactive and reactive measures to correct and prevent issues.
2. Providing fellow system administrators and support representatives with technical support and guidance.
3. Assisting clients in transferring accounts to Hostcopper servers.
4. Installing, configuring, and maintaining services such as Apache, MySQL, and Exim across thousands of servers.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills in the English language.
* Ability to work well with a team in a fast paced, constantly changed environment and follow instructions from supervisors and senior colleagues.
* Outstanding customer service skills and a dedication to the customer service experience.
* Dependable to be at work during assigned shifts and to complete work as expected.
* Advanced knowledge of cPanel/WHM control panel.
* Advanced knowledge of the Linux operating system.
* Knowledge of bash and Perl shell scripting.
* Advanced knowledge of Exim.
* Advanced knowledge of Apache.
* Flexible schedule.
* Understanding of PHP and HTML.